The Senior Firewood Program was established in 1979 to assist low-income senior households in Nevada County to stay warm in the wintertime. The wood provided is split to 16″ length and is a mix of pine, fir, and cedar.
- A Nevada County resident living in Western Nevada County
- 65 years of age and older
- Lives alone or with another age-eligible senior. This program is not intended to support multi-generational families.
- Low income
- Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2019-2020 season
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 968, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- Paper applications can be picked up at the Congregate Cafe from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- The administration will notify applicants in writing of the status of their application in early August
GCCS gladly accepts donated wood under the following conditions:
- Trees must be down (we cannot fell trees).
- Wood needs to be located within 10 miles of GV and accessible by vehicle.
- We do not accept Digger Pine, kindling or remove slash; sorry!
- Wood donations may be tax deductible – GCCS provides a thank you letter with the appropriate tax information.
- At this time, our Softwood Yard is full – we are not accepting Pine Wood Donations until Fall. Thank You!
To donate wood, please call (530) 615-4541.