The Senior Firewood Program was established in 1979 to assist low-income senior households in Nevada County to stay warm in the wintertime. The wood provided is split to 16″ length and is a mix of pine, fir, and cedar.
- A Nevada County resident living in Western Nevada County.
- 65 years of age and older.
- Lives alone or with another age-eligible senior. This program is not intended to support multi-generational families.
- Low income.
- We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 season until July 31, 2020.
- Download your application or pick-up one at the Administration Office (528 Brunswick Road, Grass Valley) Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm.
- Once completed, email to email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 968, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
- The administration will notify applicants in writing of the status of their application in early August.
GCSS gladly removes wood under the following conditions:
- Trees must be down (we cannot fell trees).
- Wood needs to be located within 10 miles of Grass Valley and accessible by vehicle.
- We do not accept Digger Pine, kindling or remove slash; sorry!
- At this time, our Softwood Yard is full – we currently have a long waitlist to remove wood. Thank You!
To donate wood, please call (530) 615-4541 or email us at: info.goldcountryservices.org.