(LOVE building is still closed until further notice by local officials)
The Love Building
The LOVE Building in Condon Park is a 3,360 square foot community building that was constructed in 1982 by the GV Host Lions Club. In 2016, it has been newly renovated and is an ideal venue for banquets, wedding receptions, fundraisers, meetings, and other social gatherings. By renting the facility, your fee will be supporting programs and services for seniors! For additional information, please contact us at (530) 615-4541.
- 128 people with tables & chairs
- 320 people auditorium style seating
- Catering Kitchen (400 sq ft)
- Portable Bar
- PA System with wireless microphone (2)
- Tables & Chairs – 15-60″ plastic round, 3-8′ and 4-6′ plastic rectangle, 128 folding plastic chairs
Kitchen Amenities Include:
- Refrigerator, Freezer & Ice Machine
- Commercial Stove/Oven/Grill
- 3 Compartment Sink & Dishwasher
- Sorry! No pots, pans or dishes
- 30 spaces in front of the building
- 15 spaces behind the building
- 36 spaces adjacent to the building
To Make a Reservation
1) Check to see if your date is available
Call GCSS (530) 615-4541 to see if your date is available.
2) Submit a GCSS Facility Use Application & Agreement Form and Booking Fee
If the facility is available, submit a GCSS Facility Use Application & Agreement Form and Booking Fee to secure a date. If a reservation is made less than 30 days in advance, the Full Rental Fee is due at the time of the application. Please make all checks payable to “Gold Country Senior Services”, or pay online…
3) Once the event is reviewed and conditions are set by the Director…
- Obtain event insurance (including host liquor liability – if alcohol is being served or sold).
- Obtain a Special Event Permit and/or ABC License Application if required and obtain Facility Managers signature on both.
- Pay the Cleaning/Damage Deposit by the established deadline.
4) A Special Event Permit will be required if:
- The event is open to the public (with or without an admission fee); or
- The event will be advertised to the general public; or
- The event includes the sale of alcoholic beverages; or
- The event may be considered a hazard to public peace, health & safety.
To obtain a Special Event Permit the applicant must submit a separate application to the City of Grass Valley Police Department and pay the associated permit fee. Special Event Applications must be submitted 30 days in advance of the event.
5) A One-Day Liquor License from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control is required if:
The event is open to the public and involves serving or selling alcoholic beverages. To obtain a One-Day Liquor License a qualified organization must submit a completed Daily License Application/ Authorization Form and Certificate of Insurance and pay the associated fee.
6) Pay the Cleaning/Damage Deposit & provide GCSS with Insurance Certificate
Pay the appropriate Cleaning/Damage Deposit and provide GCSS with a copy of the Insurance Certificate at least 7 days in advance of the event.
NOTE: It is up to the event host to obtain and post copies of the approved Special Event Permit and One-Day Liquor License (if these items are required).
|Friday thru Sunday Rates||A||B||C|
|12 Hour Rental||$500||$675||$900|
|8 Hour Rental||$375||$500||$645|
|Hourly Rental - To extend Time||$75/hr||$75/hr||$75/hr|
12 & 8 Hour Rates include use of the Banquet Hall and Kitchen.
The hourly rate may be used to extend 8 or 12-hour rentals (not to exceed building hours). 4-hour Rentals may be granted if the building is available within 30 days of the event.
|Monday Thru Thursday Rates||A||B||C|
|8 Hour Rental||$315||$425||$600|
|4 Hour Rental||$165||$225||$315|
|Hourly Rental - To extend Time||$50/hr||$50/hr||$75/hr|
8 & 4 Hour Rates include use of the Banquet Hall and Kitchen.
Hourly rates may also be used to extend 8 & 4-hour rentals (not to exceed building hours). 2-hour Rentals may be granted if the building is available within 30 days of the event.
Other Fees & Conditions
ADMIN/BOOKING FEE – $25 – non-refundable. Required at the time of application – may be applied to Rental Fee.
EVENT INSURANCE SECURITY DEPOSIT – All parties that rent the FACILITY shall provide insurance
Varies based on the type of event (see below)
- $300 – Meetings or social occasions w/ no alcohol
- $500 – Meetings or social gathering w/ alcohol
SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT – Issued by Grass Valley Police Department
- CATEGORY A = Local Non-Profit Organization who are not raising funds or charging admission to attend.
- CATEGORY B = Private parties or local non-profit organizations who are raising funds or charging admission.
- CATEGORY C = Commercial activities conducted by business or professional entities.
- CATEGORY E = Exempt as defined in Facility Use Agreement with City of Grass Valley
Once your event has been approved, you can pay your deposit or rental fees here:
For additional information please download the following informational documents: